Thursday, August 15, 2019

DO YOU NEED A SPIRITUAL TEACHER?

Posted on May 3, 2019
A Teacher, a Guide, a Guru, a Spiritual Leader? Are any of these “right” or needed by you? We all need teachers. In fact, in my mind, every person and experience I bump into is a “Teacher.” But, do I need to sign up for a special person or persons to train me in spiritual consciousness development? Some days I wake up and say “Yes.” Some days I wake up from a night of dreams which were offered to me by my guidance and I say “No” I do not need an external teacher.
Recently, I join in an internet debate regarding the appropriate need or use of external teachers. Some spiritual “practices” request, even demand, that you search for and find the Guru or “Spiritually Developed” person to give you the initiation and practices to join them in their belief system. This often seems like a religious mind-control practice to me, but I am often oppositional in behavior and thought. I have had some of the most profound spiritual awakenings up in the mountains above timber line and as close to “God” as I have been able to get and not a single spiritual “leader” in sight. Maybe due to low oxygen levels or the Zen meditation I performed as I marched high up the trail leaving human chaos far below, I found “insights” and awakening on my own (if you are ever on your own.)
However, I have also sought out people whom I know have held spiritual practices for decades longer than me in my attempt to have some of their knowledge, experience, and wisdom rub off on me. In conversation or just witnessing their stories, my perspective has been stretched and the sparks of consciousness fanned into a bright glow. The causal encounters with people or situations which fill me with Joy have also triggered, not the corrupt thought, but the delightful energy of unconditionally shared love. There is one such “Earth Angel” That I am blessed to get a hug and a smile from, weekly. Her name is Ellen. She is the personification of LOVE and a survivor of Nazi held Norway in the second world war. I hope your life is blessed with the occasional encounters with your own “Earth Angels.”
My Rant: Every person is a miracle. Your interactions with other “Miracles” can produce insights you may be blessed to have, if you are paying attention. Are you fully present and available to this insight? YOU are a Blessing and Perfect the way you are! Your spiritual teaching comes from each interaction you have. Sometimes it brings you amazement and Joy. Sometimes it “triggers you” and you are learning what you would NOT want to do (or to demonstrate to others.)
Living without Judgement and being “open” to the fellow Miracles who cross your path demonstrates your growth in consciousness. (Even if you do not always agree with certain behaviors, these interactions are here for a reason.) Look to be of service as you support your fellow travelers. Every person is a composite of what they bring into this life and the experiences they have found. How they use these foundational backgrounds becomes their unique set of “gifts” they have to offer. Every moment is your teacher!!! Like in school, if you are paying attention you may receive the gift you have been awaiting (maybe more quickly than if you were not paying attention.)
Being available and “in the moment” (mindful) allows necessary learning to occur. For some individuals, at certain times, life learning is enhanced by time and interaction with a highly developed spiritual master who can assist with raising your vibrational patterns. But consider your unique path to avoid the eddy of a cult doctrine which may not be the best learning experience for you. Since we are all “Masters” and have the ingrained wisdom from the Divine within, life experience can help us to “Remember” and can serve as a model for how we can behave in the world in this incarnation.
No matter whether you seek a “teacher” or not, allow your Divine Guidance to create the interactions that raise consciousness and spiritual vibrations throughout our Universe. (And beyond.)
If you are READY and looking for a supportive community where you can share your story, your wisdom, and grow spiritually in a non-religious environment, consider Masters of the Journey.
You are a Blessing! You are a Master! Your wisdom from your life experience can have great value to other pilgrims on the path toward awakening and enlightenment.
The Masters of the Journey has events which are updated on our Facebook page which is found at: www.facebook.com/mastersofthejourney Please comment on this blog and share, if appropriate. More of our blogs are based on spiritual consciousness and can be found at www.dstress.com/blog

No comments:

Post a Comment